RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Security question

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Systenance Support Forum Forum Index » Systenace support forum View previous topic
View next topic

Security question
topcat

Post Security question Reply with quote
I believe that even if I clean my hard drive, items are still traceable in the form of shadow or ghost files on the hard drive. If I use your software, Will this prevent that and totally wipe the files I select it to wipe so no one would be ever able to trace these files that have been on my hard drive or would they still be able to find them? I know the average person would not be able to find these but anyone with knowledge would so does your software prevent this?
Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:04 am View user's profile Send private message
Helpdesk
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Our software shreds the deleted history data on top of deleting it and thats the best you can get. Under the Settings tab you can find an options for Shredder module ie in how many passes the program will overwrite the deleted data using the specific algorithm. Default is 4 (DoD) but if you are paranoic about your security you can go up to 35 passes (Peter Gutmann method). It is theoretically possible to retreive some files even if they are shredded but that is complicated and very expensive procedure and it doesen't guarantee shredded files will be recovered. Bottom line, you are fairly safe unless you've got your hard drive taken by FBI:-) Nobody can guarantee you 100% safety with these stuff, who does it lies to you.
Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Systenance Support Forum Forum Index » Systenace support forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: